Enrolling at GEC
Parents or guardians are invited to contact the General Office to make an appointment with Assistant Principal Mr Nick Hamer-Smith to arrange an interview. Alternately you can complete the Enrolment Inquiry Form and email it to the General Office. Mr Hamer-Smith will then contact you. If you are interested in enrolling your child and they are currently at a Victorian government primary school then the enrolment process is handled through the primary school.
Overseas Full Fee Paying students should contact Ms Tara Fang.
To the interview, parent/guardians should provide:
- Copies of recent school reports and any other relevant reports
- A visa to establish status (overseas students only)
- Details of any custody arrangements
At enrolment parents will:
- Complete an enrolment form
- Pay the council requested Parent Payment charges
- Be given book and uniform details
- Assist with student course selection
- Complete an Illness Management Plan
Once enrolment is complete:
- Students will be placed in a team group and allocated to classes
- Uniform and books will need to be purchased by the parent / guardian
Our School Zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org