Glen Eira College students participate in various sporting activities, during and after school hours. These activities allow students to challenge themselves in a fun and motivating way.
Glen Eira College competes in the Beachside Division against many surrounding Secondary Schools. Students in Years 7-12 have the opportunity to participate in Interschool Sports each Term. Interschool sport is a great way to build social relationships with peers while developing communication, team work and sporting skills.
Interschool Sporting activities include:
Each student in Years 7-12 is placed in a House (blue, red, gold and green) to compete in the Swimming, Athletics and Cross Country carnivals, which are held every year. These carnivals are whole school events where students and teachers dress up in their House colours and compete in a friendly environment.
Students who compete in the House carnivals have the opportunity to progress through to the next level of competition against surrounding schools.
STUDENT ACHIEVEMENTS 2015-2017
Some of our students’ recent achievements include:
- Senior Boys Lawn Bowls – SMR Champions and State Finalists 2017
- Senior Boys Soccer – Beachside Division Winners 2017
- Intermediate Girls Softball – SMR Champions 2017
- Year 7 Girls Softball – SMR Runners Up 2017
- Year 7 Girls Badminton – SMR Champions and State Finalists 2016
- Year 7 Girls Softball – SMR Champions and State Finalists 2016
- Year 7 Boys Badminton – SMR Runners Up 2016
- Intermediate Girls Softball Division Winners and SMR Runners Up- 2016
- Year 7 and 8 Badminton Division Winners – 2015
- Year 8 Girls Table Tennis Southern Zone Runners Up – 2015
- Beachside Division Winners – Year 7 Cricket Boys 2015
- SMR Swimming Representatives
MOTHER’S DAY CLASSIC
We continue to be delighted by the participation in the Mother’s day Classic held each year. We strive to build upon our numbers that include staff, students, family, friends and the wider community. This year we had 121 participants including staff, students and family members. The Glen Eira College Pink Panthers team usually wins the trophy for the largest school team. Thank you to everyone for their support on Mother’s Day!
The Mother’s Day Classic continues to be a popular event for the College and as a result, we have a Running Club that encourages students and staff to get involved and outdoors.
AROUND THE BAY IN A DAY
Students, parents and staff members participate in the Around the Bay in a Day 100km School Challenge which is held in October. Our bike squad continues to grow. Stay tuned for 2017….